Mission Statement


Who are the Professionals

About Us

Shant Home Health Care, Inc. is an Agency operating from Van Nuys, California since 2005. It is a nurse owned Agency, which provides comprehensive services to homebound patients, including skilled nursing and home health care services, contracted medical social services, registered dietician services, along with physical, occupational, and speech therapy. We offer health services and care in order to improve the quality of life and health in the comfort of the patient's home. Our clients can rest assured knowing that they can maintain their independence with dignity. Some of the services our skilled nursing staff provides include, but are not limited to, wound care, catheter care, intravenous therapy, ostomy care, G-tube care, and administration of injections. Our services are tailored to meet the specific needs of the patient and his/her family.

Our staff is multilingual in Armenian, Russian, Farsi, Arabic, Spanish, and Tagalog.

Shant Home Health Care Inc., is a Joint Commission and Medicare certified home health agency.

Request Services

Thank you for contacting Shant Home Health Care. Please use the easy-to-complete form below to request a free, no-obligation consultation on your senior care needs. A member of our staff will contact you by phone or email within one business day. We look forward to talking with you soon.

Please enter your information below.

First Name:
Last Name:
Phone Number:
Best time to call:
Recipient is my:
Zip code:
Begin care service:



As a patient, you have the right to:

  • Be fully informed of your rights and responsibilities and receive this notice before the initiation of care.
  • Be treated with respect, consideration and full recognition of dignity and individuality, including privacy in treatment, care for personal needs and respect for property.
    Exercise your rights (or your family or guardian) and voice complaints regarding care or lack of respect for your property without fear of reprisal or discrimination in any way, for any reason.
  • Be fully informed, verbally or in writing of services available in the agency under the terms of your contract with Medicare, MediCal, and/or insurance, and any costs you may incur, and to be taught about your illness so that you and/or your family can understand and participate in recovery and care.
  • Be informed, in advance, about the care to be furnished, and any changes in the care to be furnished.
  • Be advised, in advance of the disciplines that will furnish the care and the proposed frequency of visits and to be assured the personnel who provide the care are qualified through education and experience.
  • Participate in planning the care and treatment and in planning changes in the care of treatment and to be fully informed by your physician (unless medically contraindicated) of your illness, additional diagnosis and prognosis; that you may refuse treatment at any time and to be informed of the consequences of that refusal; and that you may participate or refuse experimental research, or clinical trials.
  • Be assured to confidentiality in treatment of personal and medical records and to approve or refuse their release to any individual outside the agency, except in the case of transfer to another health facility or as required by law or third party payment contract.
  • Be informed within a reasonable time of anticipated termination of service.
  • Be informed of change in payer coverage in writing no later than 30 calendar days from the date the home health agency becomes aware of the change.
  • Receive information on completing advanced directives.

As a patient, you have the responsibility to:

  • Sign the required consents prior to care being given or received.
  • Provide the agency with complete accurate health and insurance information.
  • Remain under a doctor's care while receiving agency services.
  • Treat agency staff and other personnel with respect and consideration.
  • Notify the agency when you cannot keep appointments.
  • Accept the consequences of refusal of treatment or choice of non-compliance.
  • Participate in the planning of your care.
  • Provide a safe environment for the agency staff.
  • Provide the agency with a copy of advance directives if you have one.
  • Notify the agency of change of insurer or selection of HMO.

Your right to make decisions about medical treatment

This section explains your rights to make health care decisions and how you can plan what should be done when you can't speak for yourself.

A federal law requires us to give you this information. We hope this information will help increase your control over your medical treatment.

Who decides about my treatments?

Your doctor will give you information and advice about treatment. You have the right to choose. You can say "Yes" to treatments you want.

You can say "No" to any treatment you don't want - even if the treatment might keep you alive longer.

How do i know what i want?

Your doctor must tell you about your medical condition and about what different treatments can do for you. Many treatments have "side effects." Your doctor must offer you information about serious problems that medical treatment is likely to cause you.

Often, more than one treatment might help you - and people have different ideas about which is best. Your doctor can tell you which treatments are available to you, but your doctor can't choose for you. That choice depends on what is important to you.

What if I'm too sick to decide?

If you can't make treatment decisions; your doctor will ask your closest available relative or friend to help decide what is best for you. Most of the time that works., but sometime everyone doesn't agree about what to do.

That is why it is helpful if you say in advance what you want to happen if you can't speak for yourself. There are several kinds of "advance directives" that you can use to say what you want and who you want to speak for you.

One kind of advance directives under California law lets you name someone to make health care decisions when you can't. this form is called Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care.

Who can fill out this form?

You can, if you are 18 years or older and of sound mind. You do not need a lawyer to it fill out.

Who can I name to make medical treatment decisions when I'm unable to do so?

You can choose an adult relative or friend you trust as your "agent" to speak for you when you're too sick to make your own decisions.

How does this person know what i would want?

After you choose someone, talk to that person about what you want. You can also write down in the Durable Power of Attorney For Health Care when you would or wouldn't want the medical treatment. Talk to your doctor about what you want and give your doctor a copy of this form. Give another copy to the person named as your agent, and take a copy with you when you go into a hospital or other treatment facility.

Sometimes treatment decisions are hard to make and it truly helps your family and your doctors if they know what you want. The Durable Power of Attorney For Health Care also gives them legal protection when they follow your wishes.

What if I don't have anybody to make decisions for me?

You can use another kind of advance directive to write down your wishes about treatment. This is often called a "living will" because it takes effect while you are still alive, but have become unable to speak for yourself.

The California Natural Death Act lets you sign a living will called a Declaration. Anyone 18 years or older and of a sound mind can sign one.

When you sign a Declaration it tells your doctors that you don't want any treatment that would only prolong your dying. All life-sustaining treatment would be stopped if you were terminally ill and your death was expected soon, or if you were permanently unconscious. You would receive treatment to keep you comfortable, however.

The doctors must follow your wishes about limiting treatment or turn your care over to another doctor who will. Your doctors are also legally protected when they follow your wishes.

Are there other living wills I can use?

Instead of using the Declaration in the Natural Death Act, you can use any of the available living will forms. You can use a Durable Power of Attorney For Health Care form without naming an agent, or you can just write down your wishes on a piece of paper. Your doctors and family can use what you write in deciding about your treatment, but living wills that don't meet the requirements of the Natural Death Act don't give as much legal protection for your doctors if a disagreement arises about following your wishes.

What if I change my mind?

You can change or revoke any of these documents at any time as long as you can communicate your wishes.

Do I have to fill out one of these forms?

No, you don't have to fill out any of these forms if you don't want to. You can just talk with your doctors and ask them to write down what you've said in your medical chart. And you can talk with your family, but people will be clearer about your treatment wishes if you write them down. Your wishes are more likely to be followed if you write them down.

Will I still be treated if I don't fill out these forms?

Absolutely. You will still get medical treatment. We just want you to know that if you become too sick to make decisions, someone else will have to make them for you. Remember that:

  • A Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care lets you name someone to make treatment decisions for you. That person can make most medical decisions - not just those about life sustaining treatment – when you can't speak for yourself. Besides naming an agent, you can also use the form to say when you would and wouldn't want particular kinds of treatment.
  • If you don't have someone you want to name to make decisions when you can't, you can sign a Natural Death Act Declaration. This Declaration says that you do not want life prolonging treatment if you are terminally ill or permanently unconscious.

How can I get more information about advance directives?

Ask your doctor, nurse or social worker to get more information for you.

  • All of us at our agency want our patients to understand their rights to make medical treatment decisions. We comply with California laws and court decisions on advance directives. We do not condition the provision of care or otherwise discriminate against anyone based on whether or not you have executed an advance directive. We have formal policies to ensure that your wishes about treatment will be followed.

It is your responsibility to provide a copy of your advance directives to the agency so that it can be kept with your records. If you have any questions about any of these forms, please talk to your doctor, your nurse, or call our office. Ask for a social worker to visit you and further explain these directives.

The California Consortium on Patient Self-Determination prepared the preceding text, which has been adopted by the California Department of Health Services to implement Public Law 101-508

Emplyment Application Nurse Note

Contact Us

Phone: 818.782.9123 Fax: 818.782.9123
Email: info@shanthomehealth.com
6033 Woodman Ave. Van Nuys, CA. 91401

Our office is open from 9:00AM until 5:00PM Monday through Friday